Discover...Experience...Explore a world of diversity in one Park. Now the third largest national park in South Africa, Addo Elephant National Park has expanded to conserve a wide range of biodiversity, landscapes, fauna and flora.
Set within the picturesque Alexandria Forest in the Woody Cape Section of Addo Elephant National Park, a new, exclusive accommodation offering is set to be a hit with birders, those who enjoy escaping to a private destination under a canopy of trees and others who just wish to "get away from it all". Prospective visitors with a special interest in botany, trees, ferns and mushrooms will also delight in using this accommodation as their base from where to explore the forest.Read more...
As Addo Elephant National Park is home to the 'Big 7', guests might want to partake in a Marine Eco-tour in order to catch a glimpse of a great white shark and/or southern right whale. Tours can be booked via www.raggycharters.co.za
- Book a hop-on-guide at the Game Drives Reception office and enjoy the luxury of a trained guide showing and telling you all about the park in the comfort of your own vehicle.
- Hot days at waterholes are best for elephant viewing.
- Lions and spotted hyenas are most often seen in the early morning or evening to night time.
- A road map of tourist routes within the park will be given to each vehicle upon entering the Park. Additional maps are for sale at the shop. Various information sheets are available at reception.
Where To Stay
R 1 800 R 1 350 per night
Valid from 13/02/2017 to 28/02/2017Book Now Read More
Terms & Conditions
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
2016 December Addo holiday programme:
Things To See
- Lion (found mostly in the southern section of the park)
- Herds of elephant at Hapoor dam
- The Interpretive Centre at Main Camp
- The picturesque Zuurberg Mountain
- The rolling sand dunes of the Woody Cape section
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Sunny< br>Min: 21°C / Max: 29°C
Official Guide on Sale
This 52-page full-colour brochure gives the visitor a complete overview of the Park, its fauna and flora, history, new developments, accommodation and activities. Highly recommended! Available from the park directly.
Did You Know?
- Addo incorporates the largest coastal dune field in the southern hemisphere